Monday 24 August 2015

Day 1 - Orihuela to El Pinos

At 6.00am this morning just before I was due to set off for day 1 of Walk Across Borders, somebody tried to sabotage what I was trying to do by throwing a brick at the front window of my support car that was parked in my drive way. There were other cars parked in the street and in driveways that were untouched. I have a suspicion who it was but unfortunately, without proof, I wont be able to do that much about it other than get it repaired. It wasnt the start of the day I had in mind but will not let it affect what I a doing.. Mindless idiots


































Once we started, we had an amazing day with Maurizio driving and Alison Shalaby from Reunite walking a section of the day and the remainder with the support car... Thanks guys...

Michelle and myself walked the full distance which came to almost 30 miles... Thank you so much for walking the whole way with me Michelle... That was amazing especially in the 39 degree heat and a lot of this section up hill (1800ft) !!!

We there were some magnificent views which you can see below... I will place a full directory of pictures on the Walk Across Borders Facebook page www.facebook.com/walkacrossborders











































It was lovely to see Vickie and here partner supporting us at the end and once again, I must say a huge thankyou to Vonni at Casa Almendro





Finally, I want to say a HUGE thank you to the support everybody as given me today. It really does mean so much x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.